Join the Consolidated family! Consolidated, a cooperative in Central Ohio dedicated to improving the quality of life for our members and communities, is seeking a Service Specialist. You’ll join a goal-oriented team where you’ll act as the Cooperative’s primary interface with prospective and existing members and customers for ordering, maintaining, or changing electric, gas, or fiber services and answering inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner. The Service Specialist provides exceptional service including identifying needs, clarifying information, researching issues, and providing solutions or alternatives; developing a knowledge of products, services and rates; handling delinquent accounts; and working on special projects. This position may require becoming an expert in a service provided by the cooperative. Bring your ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of customer service experience including promotional offerings, products, and billing required. One year prior customer service and data entry experience with a utility, cable, internet, and/or telephone provider preferred.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures and equipment required. Experience with MS Office Suite is preferred.
- Ability to enter data with accuracy and proficiency required.
- Excellent multitasking and communication skills; high functionality as a team player in peer relationships required.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to work from either the Mount Gilead or Delaware, OH facilities as needed required.
Generous benefit package including:
- Paid Personal, Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave Days.
- 401(k) (up to 7% contribution from co-op) & Defined Retirement (co-op funded) Plans.
- Dental, Vision, Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance paid for employee; Medical available at minimal cost.
- Education/development opportunities & more!
Position may work out of either the Mount Gilead or Delaware, OH office locations. Please apply online at https://consolidated.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50
Consolidated is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment is contingent upon the completion and our evaluation of a drug screening test and a criminal background check in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations. Consolidated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Careers with Consolidated Electric Cooperative’s family of companies. Consolidated Electric Cooperative is a nonprofit, member-owned and controlled organization serving the needs of nearly 17,000 members in eight counties of north central Ohio. Our mission is improving the quality of life of our members & communities by providing high value energy & telecommunication services in environmentally responsible way. Our vision is to shape the future in our communities & be a top tier performing leader that spurs the future growth & economic vitality of our region.